[WEB4LIB] Allowing Downloads

Elizabeth A Reiten reitene at okstate.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:38:35 EDT 2001

Our Systems department has our public access machines locked down (using
Fortres, apparently) so that patrons can download to floppy disks only.
Occasionally something winds up on the C: drive, but when we reboot the
machines, everything non-standard is cleaned out.  And we have a student
employee reboot all the machines first thing in the morning.

If you'd like more information, I can get you an appropriate email
address.

Beth Reiten, Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library