[WEB4LIB] Re: HTML editors

Lara Little llittle at pfeiffer.edu
Wed Apr 4 14:54:49 EDT 2001

I use it as well, and I like it. Ideally I prefer a WYSIWYG editor (I
use Dreamweaver at home) but here at work, my only option for that is
Netscape Composer, which I can't stand. Arachnophilia lets you work in
code without having to know the code - i.e. highlight a word you want to
appear in bold, and click the "bold" button, and it inserts the
necessary code. And though it is code, you can set it such that you have
two tiled windows, one with the code you're working in and one showing
the resulting page in a browser, and it can change the page in the
browser as you change the code, so you can still "see what you're
doing". If purchasing a WYSIWYG editor isn't an option, Arachnophilia is
a good way to go.

Lara

Sarah Struble wrote:

> Heather,
> I have used Arachnophilia. I still use it from home, and even at work when
> I can't make Dreamweaver do what I want it to do. I have nothing but
> praise for Arachnophilia. It does not have a WISYWIG editor- you have to
> work in the code. I feel that this is a bonus, but realize that not
> everyone agrees with me on that point.
> You can download it at:
> http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/
>
> -Sarah Struble
>
> ****************************
> Sarah Struble
> Health Sciences Bibliographer &
> Hospitality Administration Bibliographer
> Mugar Memorial Library
> Boston University
> Boston, MA 02215
>
> strubsa at bu.edu
> ****************************
>
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Heather Samuels wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a good HTML editor that is free.  Something somewhat
> > comparable to Dreamweaver and BBEdit.  I've heard that Arachnophilia is
> > pretty good -- does anyone have any experience using it?
> >
> > Heather
> > blueskies88 at hotmail.com

Lara B. Little
Reference/Periodicals Librarian & Library Systems Administrator
G.A. Pfeiffer Library
Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, NC