[WEB4LIB] Re: CSS-2 "solution" and Font Tags

Caleb Tucker-Raymond ctuckerr at stmarys-ca.edu
Thu Apr 19 17:24:46 EDT 2001

BBEdit (for Mac, and not the Lite version), will do a find and replace
(and also more complicated greps and regular expressions) on a folder and
its contents, including nested folders. I should hope there is a
windows-based text editor that does similar things.

Of course, searching 1000 documents and changing every instance of a font
tag takes a lot longer than changing a global. I don't mean to belabour
the point, but for those of us not working with CSS yet who need to make
mass edits, it's well worthwhile.

Also worthwhile is using headers, footers and navbars in plain old HTML,
either as a template you slap a body of text into, or as server-side
includes. These too, then, can be found and replaced when necessary.

Caleb T.-R.
Elec. Sys. Libn.
St. Marys. Col. Ca.