odd URL

Brad Thomas bradzo at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 19 17:48:29 EDT 2001

Hi all

I received a message the other day from a friend that had this link sent to
him in an email. The email came from a site thanking him for sending the
site some pornography - (even though he didn't). He asked my advice on what
it did, but I don't have a clue....

Please don't try the URL - I'm not sure of what it does - please read
on......

http://3286560814/uzlet/just99/r_l.html

It didn't work when I tried it either, but my ISP's cache returned the
following error:

The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for 3286560814.nt.com.au

The original URL does not have the nt.com.au bit !!
What concerns me is that I am running Windows NT, and I live in Australia
(the nt and au parts) ......
So why did the cache return the nt.com.au bit?
What could the original URL have possibly achieved?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Brad Thomas
Braddon Computing Services
enquiries at braddoncs.com.au