[WEB4LIB] Re: Wireless

Blake Carver btcarver at lisnews.com
Mon Apr 30 13:13:45 EDT 2001

I'll second that security comment:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2681947,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews
01
"We found a number of ways to intercept transmissions and discover what the
contents are," says Nikita Borisov, a 23-year-old graduate student at
Berkeley. "We found ways to modify transmissions as they're sent. And we
found ways to access the network even if it's restricted." Borisov, along
with professor David Wagner and recent graduate Ian Goldberg, Friday
published their findings on the Internet.
http://www.isaac.cs.berkeley.edu/

Blake Carver
LISNews.com
http://www.lisnews.com