Job:Librarian at IBM Research

Jerry Cohen jerryc at computer.net
Fri Sep 29 15:10:32 EDT 2000

This notice Expires: October 8, 2000

FLASH!!!

LIBRARIANS WANTED

Immediate contract openings.

We are recruiting a team to assist in the the development of an on-line
search tool at IBM Research in Westchester County, New York.

We are seeking individuals with advanced training in Library Science.

The contracted individuals will be engaged in a project developing new
technology in a search-related field. This will involve working as part
of a small team of programmers and librarians.

Requirements for project-based Librarian positions:

* M.S. in Library Science or closely related discipline,
 (or,  B.S. plus 2 or more years experience).

* At least 2 years experience in working with Web search engines.

* Familiarity with major search engines i.e. Yahoo, Lycos, Alta Vista,
Google, etc.

* Experience working with Windows 95 or Windows NT.

* A definite plus is any experience in constructing taxonomies or in
using advanced search technologies.

Candidates must be able to start work within one week to ten days after
a telephone interview.

To respond, please  e-mail your cover letter and resume to:

   jerryc at computer.net

Be sure to include your telephone numebr and address so that I can
telephone you upon receipt of your paperwork.:

Jerry Cohen, Recruiter
at GONZER ASSOCIATES
 (an IT staffing firm with a regional office located in Hartsdale, NY)

Please note:

All applications must be received no later than October 10, 2000

Due to the late date of this job announcement . . . e-mail responses
will be monitored 24 hrs. a day throughout the weekend so that
respondants can be called back promptly.

Jerry Cohen
IT Recuiter
GONZER ASSOCIATES, INC.