[WEB4LIB] Re: More on Wireless Librarian

Drew, Bill drewwe at snymorva.morrisville.EDU
Wed Sep 27 09:53:15 EDT 2000

I'm testing how well the databases work via wireless.  I understand that the
speed is not the choke point.  What might be the "choke point" is wondering
around  and getting intermittent breaks in the connection.  I am looking to
see how well the databases may handle the handoff to the next transceiver in
the network.  Depending how long the break actually is in time there may be
timeouts or such if I am retrieving the results of a search while walking
around.  Also, I am looking at an image database we subscribe to, AP Photo
Archives, and seeing what the issues might be on using it to download images
while being wireless.

Bill Drew