[WEB4LIB] Online live reference services

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Thu Sep 21 17:06:18 EDT 2000

Karen's request reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask for
awhile. If your library offers online reference services (chat, video,
e-mail, Web form, synchronous, asynchronous, I'm not picky about the
medium), do you have links to this service from any non-library Web pages?

Here's an example. At a college or university, it's relatively common to see
a link to an "ask-a-librarian" service on the library's home page. But do
any academic libraries have an "ask-a-librarian" link on other campus Web
sites/pages? The institution's home page? Departmental Web sites? Sites that
students need to go to on a regular basis?

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan