software for building online image database

Bouchard, Kerry k.bouchard at tcu.edu
Fri Sep 8 12:32:37 EDT 2000

	Does anyone have recommendations for software for creating a
web-searchable database of thumbnail images linked to larger images?  The
example I have in mind is the AP Photo Archive
(http://accuweather.ap.org/cgi-bin/aplaunch.pl if your institution happens
to have a subscription to it), where you can search by keyword, and range of
dates.  Are there reasonably priced solutions, or should we just look at
using generic database software (e.g., MS Access) and writing some scripts?

	Thanks, Kerry

Kerry Bouchard
Asst. University Librarian for Automated Systems
Mary Couts Burnett Library, TCU