Netscape 4.7 Quality Feedback

Dale Goodell - WOU Library goodeld at wou.edu
Tue Oct 31 19:09:57 EST 2000

Can anyone tell me how to disable (turn off) the Quality Feedback Agent in
Netscape 4.7 running under Windows 98SE?

I know you can disable this when it pops up, but I would like to disable it
BEFORE it even has a chance.

I had a quick look at the Release Notes for Netscape, and they mention
customizing this agent based on what type of proxy server you may be using
(SOCKS vs. HTTP). They talk about a file called talkback.ini.  Would it be
possible to create a "dummy" talkback.ini file that would just send the quality
feedback agent messages into the abyss?

Thanks for your help.

Dale E. Goodell
Information Technology Consultant