Zope Experiences?

pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Fri Oct 6 18:12:07 EDT 2000

Any Library SysAdmins out there have any experiences with Zope that they
would like to share? Any problems encountered? Any differences when
running on platforms (unix verses NT/2000)? Anyone know anything about
Zope that no-one else would tell?

I've been thinking about developing a database driven website for some
time, and I'd been toying with Mandrake+PHP3/4+APACHE on an old
Pentium 90. But, since I hate "re-inventing the wheel", I am curious to know
of any experiences with the product { SEQ CHAPTER \h \r 1}(especially when they can be found for
free).

For those who don't know anything about Zope, the Zope web site calls it
"the leading Open Source web application server". You can check it out at
http://www.zope.org.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Verhagen
Library Systems Administrator