Evaluating Innovative Interfaces - Thank you

John Altmeyer altgpz at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 17:01:17 EST 2000

    Thanks to everyone who responded to my question regarding Innovative
Interfaces.  It was helpful to hear some critisism as well as praise for
this vendor.  Many of the sources I found were press releases and
articles written by III employees, which were 100% positive.
    The consensus was that the user interface is very easy to use for
both patrons and staff.  The law librarians loved the serials modules,
but some suggested additional features to the serials module.  The high
cost of  these products was mentioned.  The customer support was given
both positive and negative reviews.  There is a problem with the
acquistions module. Additional benefits of  III include the ability to
join a consortium and ability to set local parameters.  III's
traditional market niche is large academic and consortium libraries.
They are currently attempting to meet the needs of public libraries.
    That is it, in a nutshell.
    Thanks again for all your comments!
    Sue Altmeyer