.doc --> .pdf; launching Acrobat from NNav.

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Wed Nov 8 10:49:51 EST 2000

It's been a long time since I've tried this so I'm probably forgetting
something ...

Objective:  to convert .doc files (Word2000) to .pdf by "printing" to
PDFWriter from Word and saving locally.

Problem:  When accessing these documents through the web, NNav. appears to
want to decode the .pdf's itself.  It displays a blank window and the
source code is a mess.  (IE has no problems whatsoever.)  On my first pass,
NNav. wouldn't even launch Acrobat.  Now it seems to -- I get the logo
splash -- but Acrobat is nowhere to be seen in the task bar or elsewhere
(as if it didn't really launch).

I've tested this on multiple machines (Windows) so I'm guessing it isn't
the local browser/plug-in configuration.

Help?

Any and all suggestions are most welcome.

-kb

[Sorry, I would like to provide URLs for a demonstration but these
documents are confidential.]