[WEB4LIB] RE: Applications of Flash on library web sites...

Tripp, Tim tim.tripp at uhn.on.ca
Thu Nov 2 10:17:18 EST 2000

I really hadn't intended to start a debate on the evils of animation, though
I must say I'm not surprised that one broke out.  I'm well aware of the
dangers of bad design, and how funky tools like Flash tend to promote it.
I'll even buy Jakob Nielsen's assertion that 99% of Flash utilization on the
web is bad.

My question, largely the same as it was originally, but slightly rephrased
in light of the Neilsen column, is, "Can anyone point me to that 1% that is
GOOD?"  Now THAT would be helpful.

As always,

Tim

--

Tim Tripp
Clinical Decision Support, Project Manager
Work : tim.tripp at uhn.on.ca
Home : ttripp at sympatico.ca
http://www.timtripp.com/