[WEB4LIB] Re: Library web site organization

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Thu Nov 2 07:09:27 EST 2000

At 11:59 AM -0800 1/11/2000, Garwood, Steve wrote:
>My last diatribe - Anyone else believe that we need to perhaps stop having
>10,000 odd library websites and perhaps really come together and build ONE
>library on the Web? It's where the "patrons" of today are, but not really
>where we are.

Starting seven years ago the World Wide Web Virtual Library
http://conbio.rice.edu/vl/database/ has been trying to do this. As it
didn't start in the library community it has been sadly neglected by
us.

Tony
--
---
phone  +61 2 6241 7659

On Aboriginal Policy
"And if governments will not act, then this is a matter on which
people must act to secure a government that will.The dignity and
self esteem of Australia at some point will demand it."

Malcolm Fraser 24 Aug 2000