Internet Explorer and Graphics

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue May 23 07:28:45 EDT 2000

We have Internet Explorer 5.01 installed on our public Internet
stations.  Our security product, StormWindows, denies patrons access to
the Internet Options under the Tools menu.  However, someone is still
finding a way to disable the "show pictures" property which, as far as I
know, can only be accessed under Internet Options - Advanced -
Multimedia.  This is frustrating for the librarians because patrons
can't figure out why the graphics won't display and they can't access
the Internet Options menu to re-enable it with out disabling the
security, etc.

I've looked for a shortcut key combination, menu item, etc. that would
allow a patron to turn the graphics off but haven't found anything.  Can
someone point me to something I might have missed?

Thanks!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library