[WEB4LIB] Norway, Diabetes and the new AltaVista.

alastair.smith at vuw.ac.nz alastair.smith at vuw.ac.nz
Fri May 19 01:07:03 EDT 2000

There are a couple of possible factors:
- Alta Vista times out searches at busy periods, and often gives inconsistent boolean results because of this.
- some searches on domain names produce spurious results e.g. link:no will pick up any occurrences of .no in file names, eg .../myfile.no/ (however I don't think this applies to domain:)

--
Alastair Smith, Director MLIS
Senior Lecturer, School of Communications and Information Management