[WEB4LIB] inflated Web server stats for PDFs

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Thu May 18 21:40:15 EDT 2000

Yes - I have seen this on the NT server we use for some of our digital library projects.  The 'follow-on' accesses are clearly identifiable in the access log with a HTTP status code of 206, which is defined as meaning HTTP_PARTIAL_CONTENT.  We have chosen to filter those out of much of our processing.

-Edward Spodick, Systems Librarian
Hong kong university of Science & Technology
lbspodic at ust.hk