Security using MacOS 9 and multiple users

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Thu May 11 13:23:03 EDT 2000

I am trying to set up security using the Multiple Users feature in
MacOS 9. I am having odd problems. Is anyone else using MacOS 9
multiple account system for security.

I have the machines set up with IP addresses that limit their use with
a proxy server Squid.  Since the Multiple Users feature allows
limiting to very few applications I thought it would provide enough
security so I could simply set up the Guest account (doesn't require a
password and is installed by default) to be an Internet browsing
account. At the moment I'm working with MSIE 4.5. When I was unable to
set the proxy-server for the guest account, I figured I'd see if
anyone else was doing anything similar.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us