Newspaper Indexing Services

Brian Westra westra at montana.edu
Mon May 8 10:41:40 EDT 2000

Posted for someone who is not on the Web4Lib list.
Please respond directly to Michelle.

thanks,
Brian Westra

From: Michelle Alireza <alirezmm at aramco.com.sa>
Subject: Newspaper Indexing Services

May 7, 2000

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am the Director of the Saudi Aramco Community Heritage Gallery in
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. I am searching for a company that can provide
Saudi Aramco with an indexing and scanning service for our company
newspapers.

Saudi Aramco has had both an English and an Arabic company newspaper
since the mid 1940s. The publications are produced on a weekly basis and
consist of 8 tabloid-sized pages of company news and photographs. We
would like to contract a company to scan the newspapers onto a permanent
digital media (CD Rom) and fully index them in an industry standard,
professional manner.

The individuals assigned to this project would be brought to Saudi
Arabia to undertake the project, as the old issues of the Newspaper are
very fragile and should not travel.

The scanned pages and index will then be available to the entire company
for research and archiving purposes.

If your company can provide such a service and are interested in the
business please contact me at the below address. If you do not provide
such services would you be kind enough to forward the addresses and
contact information for any companies, which you know, are in the
required field of business.

Thank you very much,

Sincerely,

Michelle Alireza
Director, Saudi Aramco Community Heritage Gallery
P.O. Box 5857 Saudi Aramco
Dhahran, 31311
Saudi Arabia

Tel: 966-3-872-0458