_All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Wed May 3 15:22:50 EDT 2000

           _All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_

  I am pleased to announce the establishment of a new registry of Web sites that list or provide access to the full title
of abbreviated journal titles. The registry is appropriately titled
_All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources_ and is accessible
at
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/JAS.htm

Sites have been categorized within broad subject groupings
(e.g., General, Agriculture, Biosciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Medicine)

   In addition to separate listings or access for abbreviated
journal title, selective OPACs that offer abbreviated title searching are also included. Some sites also provide access to the full title of other types of abbreviated publications
(e.g., conference proceedings)

    I would most appreciate learning of other candidate sites that offer access to the full title of abbreviated publication titles for any subject for future incorporation within _All That JAS_

    Thanks!

/Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

  "The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Invent It!"
                             Alan Kay