netLibrary trial problems

Linda Herman lherman at medaille.edu
Wed Mar 29 16:18:37 EST 2000

Hi,
   Our library has been trying to participate in a free trial of
netLibrary. We have encountered problems with the screens freezing on
almost all of our computers when trying to view the pages of their
e-books. We are able to access the trial site okay, search the site and
select an e-book. The problem occurs when we try to open a page for
viewing. This hasn't occurred before with any other database or web
site.

We are using Netscape versions 4.51 or 4.7. Our computer technician
tried reinstalling the video cards, but this didn't solve the problem.
NetLibrary technical support suggested that we try to use MS Explorer,
instead of Netscape.

Before downloading Explorer on all our computers, I thought I'd ask if
anyone else has experienced similar problems, and might be able to
suggest any other possible solutions.
Thanks,
Linda Herman
Technical Services Librarian