Win2K

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Fri Jun 16 15:15:04 EDT 2000

Our IS department is planning on migrating to Win2K next budget year.
I've checked out the MS specs for what they consider "necessary"
hardware requirements for Win2K but I really would like to know what
people's practical experience in the field has been.  If you are using
Win2K, what has been your experience with what constitutes an "adequate"
setup for workstations in regard to processor speed, RAM, etc. for
Win2K.  Since we would have to use this on both public Internet stations
and staff workstations, please let me know of differences you might have
encountered in different applications.  Also, if you have any "warnings"
of issues to watch out for, especially in the public area, those would
be appreciated also.

Please respond personally to me and I can summarize for the list.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI