trouble with dns

Lin Light holight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
Thu Jun 15 12:23:52 EDT 2000

Well I just found out from a technican who was helping me out with a LAN
problem what to do.
Remember, I had a problem with both NS and IE, I could type in an IP
address but not a name and I thought it was the DNS.  But I could go to
another Machine, same DNS, same Network, etc., and get out to the Net.
I could even telnet out, but could not ping. Well this is what I was
told to do and it worked.
    There is a batch file[ws2bakup.bat] that should be run in safe mode
and that file is under c:\windows\WS2bakup.  Run it, restart and it
should clear it up.  I can't find the file in W98, but I will keep
looking for it.

--
Lin Light
Head of