[WEB4LIB] dns trouble

Huntington Woods Library htwd at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 14 23:09:37 EDT 2000

I've experienced the same problem with new Gateway computers with the SMC
EZ card.  After some frustrating conversations with Gateway and SMC, it
was simply resloved by reapplying the service pack (on an NT machine).

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Lin Light wrote:

> What's up if your browser won't connect to the net but yet you have a
> telnet application that works?
> We were able to type in an IP number and connect.  This is the case for
> netscape and explorer.  The machines are right out of the box, but I
> have encountered this with other machines from time to time.
>

> --
> Lin Light
> Head of
> Technical Services/Automation
> Herrick District Library
> 300 S. River Ave.
> Holland, MI 49423
> llight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
> Voice-616.355.3727
> Fax-616.355.1426

* Brent J. Pliskow -- Library "Techie" / Webmaster *
*         Huntington Woods Public Library          *
*              Huntington Woods, MI                *
*    URL: http://www.huntington-woods.lib.mi.us    *
*        General Email: htwd at tln.lib.mi.us         *
*     Alternative E-mail: pliskowbj at hiram.edu      *