[WEB4LIB] Microsoft antitrust verdict released

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Sun Jun 11 21:29:29 EDT 2000

GP> How is your library going to handle the information?  We had a very divided
GP> take on the most appropriate approach to take with respect to the decision.
GP> In the end, we decided to post a prominent link on the library's main
GP> webpage <http://library.caltech.edu> to the verdict,

This seems strange to me.  Not the verdict, as it was expected, but
the posting on the library home page.  Did you put a link to the
Columbine tragedy on the homepage?  Did you put a link to the NASDAQ
hitting 5000 or any other major news event on the homepage?

It seems like anyone at CalTech would have the savvy to be able to
find out this information without the library link, via cnn.com if
nothing else.

I also wonder why it is still on the library homepage some four or
five days later.  It is hardly new and exciting news at the moment.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA