Z39.50 queries

William Moore william_moore at umanitoba.ca
Tue Jul 18 14:43:32 EDT 2000

I am attempting to use the ZETA Perl Module
(http://zeta.tlcpi.finsiel.it/z3950/zetaperl) to query our catalog for recent
additions.

In reading the documentation for these module, I am to use a type-1 query. I
found a list of Z39.50 values which indicates that int he type-1 query of:
1=1011 990612

That 1 represents use field, 1011 represents the field for Date/time added to
database (which is supposed to search the MARC field 008 characters 00-05) and
that 990612 should be the string to look for.

As the MARC field 008 has assigned to characters 00-05 the following info
respectivly: yymmdd then this query should display all records entered into
the catalog on June 12, 1999.

However when I perform the query, I receive dates that do not fir in with what
I am requesting.

Has anyone used this module and been able to perform any queries like this
one? Also has anyone generate more complex queries, such as display all new
additions from June 2, 2000 to present?

        William Moore              william_moore at umanitoba.ca
        Lets Web Developer                       204.474.6523

            http://www.umanitoba.ca/libraries/units/lets
486F6D6F 73756D3A 68756D616E69 6E696C 61 6D65 616C69656E756D 7075746F