IE 5.5 quirk

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 12 12:42:19 EDT 2000

I just downloaded IE 5.5 and decided to test-drive it on our cooperative's new
DRA Web2 installation.  From the first screen, IE 5.5 is having some fun with the
"submit" buttons and "text" fields, creating gibberish where there was once
readable text.  I cruised to a couple of other sites and found the same thing
happening.  I'm wondering if this a product of IE 5.5's CSS implementation and
possible coding conflicts with Web2?  I've run into similar problems with Mozilla
6 where sites that weren't code-compliant displayed in ways that the designers
probably didn't intend.  Of course, it could just be my machine....

For those who want to see what I'm talking about:

http://web2.dra.com/html/welcome.html

http://web2.tln.lib.mi.us/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in

http://draweb.library.phila.gov/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in

Andrew Mutch