[WEB4LIB] IE 5.5 is out

Bob Duncan duncanr at mail.lafayette.edu
Wed Jul 12 12:30:46 EDT 2000

At 08:35 AM 07/12/00 -0700, Thomas Dowling wrote:
>You may be interested to note that Internet Explorer 5.5 has been
>released (Windows only, I believe).  It's not the most important upgrade
>in the world, but does include the apparently All-Important, Desperately
>Vital Print Prevew Function.

There's an evil rumor afoot that the ability to use an automatic
configuration script has been removed in this version (which makes the
browser unusable for certain proxy server setups, e.g., Innovative's WAM
product).  (It already appears to be missing in recent Mac versions.)

Can anyone who's already installed IE5.5 on a WinPC confirm/deny?

Thanks,

Bob Duncan

P.S.  The IE5.5 download page won't display in my Netscape4.08 (not enough
closing table tags I think).  Tough to put the competition out of business
when the competition's users can't get to your product!

  Robert E. Duncan
  Systems Librarian
  David Bishop Skillman Library
  Lafayette College