WRAP Attribute for Forms

peterson at amigos.org peterson at amigos.org
Mon Jul 10 14:23:55 EDT 2000

There probably is an easy answer for this, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm getting ready to teach the creation of forms for librarians.  I was
re-checking the standard and ran into a brick wall.  I see references in
books and on web sites for WRAP being used in the <TEXTAREA> tag.  However,
I can't verify that it is a legitimate attribute.  I couldn't find it
listed in the current HTML specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

I've tried some of the more well-known HTML reference sites; some use it as
if it were part of the specification and some don't mention it.  I've
checked to see if it is part of either Netscape and Microsoft extensions --
no luck.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?  Is it part of HTML 4.01 or
not?  Any help would be appreciated!

Christine Peterson
Library Liaison Officer
Amigos Library Services