[WEB4LIB] Image map in frames

Yvonne Reynolds Reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
Fri Jan 21 03:06:20 EST 2000

Hi,
I seem to have lost my instrustions on how to send messages to this list, so hope this works.

Has anyone had problems with image maps not opeining when one returns to the page, particularly if one is using frames and the image map is in the cell of a nested table?

I have created an image map  (button toolbar for our home page) - it is in a nested table.  I use Dreamweaver and found I could not create the map in the table but had to cut it from another page and paste it there.  It works when one first opens the page.   The home page has no frames but the rest of the site uses frames and the top frame has an image map which includes a home button which is set up to open the home page in a target " - top".  When one returns to the home page from elsewhere in the site by clicking this button, the image map does not appear.  In its place is a tiny white square with a red diagonal cross.   If one uses the back button to open the home page the image map seems fine.

  I also noticed that if I linked to the homepage from another page and tried to open the homepage within a frame, the image map did not appear
Any ideas?  has anyone else experienced any similar problems with image  maps  and tables and frames?
TIA
Yvonne

Yvonne Reynolds
Web site Manager/ Librarian