margins in Netscape

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 20 12:14:49 EST 2000

I know that Netscape and IE handle body margins differently.  So, if you don't
want a page to have margins, you need to include the following:

<BODY topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0  BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

IE recognizes Top and Left but NN needs the others to eliminate the margins.
However, for some reason, I can't get Netscape to properly display the page
without the margins.  On the following page:

http://www.twp.waterford.mi.us/admin.htm

I want the colored bars to extend all the way to the right side of the page.  It
displays properly in IE but with Communicator 4.7, there is a gap between the
end of the table and the edge of the page. I know this isn't a problem with
Communicator itself because I was able to display a number of pages [and not in
frames] without any margins.  They also used the same code so I'm not sure where
the problem is occuring.  I'm sure someone out there can show me where this is
getting messed up.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library