[WEB4LIB] Re: floppies (was RE: Mac resurgence)

Dennis Moser dennism at library.tmc.edu
Wed Jan 19 11:50:52 EST 2000

Actually, I have to laugh...I really didn't mean to imply that floppies are
dead. Frankly, I think they should have kept the floppy drive on the iMacs.

What makes this so amusing is that I just came back from a class on full
text journals and rasied the very question about saving the file to
disk...floppy, that is! It seems that there was no "good" way of emailing
the files, but one could easily use the Browser's "Save As" function to
capture the content...so long as one had a place to "Save" to!

It really is more a matter of how you work and what you do. Jobs intended
the iMac to be a consumer-oriented computing device...not a workstation (and
that's unfortunate!).  And as a Mac-user, that is one of MY complaints...

I'll stop now. Glad to see that the Mac OS is showing up in the log files.

Dennis Moser

"That so few now dare to be eccentric,
marks the chief danger of the time."
~~~ John Stuart Mill