Back vs javascript back()

Don Hamilton dhamilto at mach2.wlu.ca
Wed Jan 19 10:53:19 EST 2000

I replaced my navigation toolbar with a personal toolbar that included
forward, back, reload etc, using javascript, on my locked down, protected,
public stations. (Thanks to those of you who sent me the java commands to do
that).

I've found one site (abi/inform at umi)where using the javascript back()
function causes netscape(4.08) to go back to the window I launched the site
from, whereas the 'real' back button goes back one page, as expected.

How can my back() function change, or be implimented differently, so that it
only goes back 1?

Thanks in advance to the most usefull list 'out there'.

Don Hamilton (mailto:dhamilto at mach2.wlu.ca)
Cybrarian by Osmosis
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada