[WEB4LIB] RE: Disabling Netscape preferences menu

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Wed Jan 5 10:02:05 EST 2000

> When you do this, what error messages display?  If you are
> talking about personal machines, who cares.  For public access
> machines, I'd be very, very cautious.

No error messages are reported. Edit|preferences is clicked and nothing
happens. Since prefui32.dll is only the interface this will not prevent
admins from making other changes as needed through other means. No files are
write protected as a result of this.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

"I want to know what good is a Web search engine that returns 324,909,188
'matches' to my key word. That's like saying, 'Good news, we've located
the product you're looking for. It's on Earth.'"
--W. Bruce Cameron

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.