[WEB4LIB] Disabling Netscape preferences menu

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Jan 4 11:59:07 EST 2000

> file can be set to read-only (and other assorted tricks) but I would like
> to actually stop access to the preferences menu.

Rename prefui32.dll to something else, I like prefui32.dllx.

This will still display the edit|preferences menu item but when clicked
Netscape will try to launch prefui32.dll which is no longer there.

When you need to make changes, just rename it back to its original state,
make your changes, then rename it back to the false-name.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.dealpilot.com/?partner=1307

"I want to know what good is a Web search engine that returns 324,909,188
'matches' to my key word. That's like saying, 'Good news, we've located
the product you're looking for. It's on Earth.'"
--W. Bruce Cameron

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.