[WEB4LIB] re: of mouse balls and such

Tony New libtwn at rowlett.lib.tx.us
Mon Jan 3 16:31:29 EST 2000

In situations where I'll come to troubleshoot a computer problem
and have the machine suddenly behave perfectly, I often tell staff
and patrons one of two things:

(1) The gremlins living inside the computer went on there lunch
break when I arrived which is why it is now working.

and my favorite:

(2)  Look at the patron or staff with a completely serious
expression on your face and pronounce as if you have recieved
knowledge on high:  "You weren't holding your tounge right.
Tounge position is very important when operating a computer."
Then grin at them.