[WEB4LIB] RE: CSS, HTML4, and DHTML4

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:38:24 EST 2000

> ...That means
> making some choices - like abandoning the <font> tags knowing that NN3.x
> users won't see Verdana or Georgia or whatever font-flavor you are using
> [trust me, it's not so painful, I'm learning to love my style sheets.]

At some point, you have to decide that people who are still running 3.x
versions of NN or IE are not seeking the latest and greatest in web
design.  If you can assume some correlation between outdated browser
versions and outdated hardware and connectivity, these users might
actually appreciate pages that have cleaner, faster HTML markup and
stylesheets they can safely ignore.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu