[WEB4LIB] RE: CSS, HTML4, and DHTML4

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Feb 23 13:31:24 EST 2000

I've been passing this article along to people who have been asking if
they need to know CSS, HTML 4, etc.

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/00/04/index1a.html

The relevant point for discussion here is that the next-generation
browsers won't recognize all of those HTML hacks like
your pages won't display how you expect them to display.  That means
making some choices - like abandoning the <font> tags knowing that NN3.x
users won't see Verdana or Georgia or whatever font-flavor you are using
[trust me, it's not so painful, I'm learning to love my style sheets.]

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI