[WEB4LIB] Cataloging librarians

Brad Eden beden at ccmail.nevada.edu
Wed Feb 16 14:17:56 EST 2000

Angelina:  I am sure that there are plenty of cataloging librarians on this
list, whether they are involved in library web page creation or not.  I am on it
because I want to keep appraised of developments related to the Web/Internet and
libraries.  However, as Head of Cataloging for the University of Nevada at Las
Vegas, my department is responsible for the library intranet and library web
site for the university.  This is due to the forward thinking of a previous Head
of Technical Services, who had all technical services staff (professional and
support staff) trained in HTML, well before the rest of the library.  It is a
unique situation, but one that will allow me to move my department quickly into
metadata initiatives, scanning and digitization, and other opportunities.  Yes,
we maintain the library's web pages daily, and this is written into the job
descriptions of all of my staff.  In fact, we are heavily involved in a new web
site design for the opening of our new $58 million library in the next 6 months.
If you would like more information, let me know.

Brad Eden, Ph.D.
Head of Cataloging
University of Nevada at Las Vegas
beden at ccmail.nevada.edu