[WEB4LIB] Re: curious web design

Margaret F. Dikel mfriley at erols.com
Wed Feb 16 08:28:43 EST 2000

At 02:25 PM 02/15/2000 -0800, Andrew Mutch wrote:

>Seriously, to quote Mr. Nielsen:
>"Blue text means "click here" on the Web, so by keeping unvisited links blue,
>there is no doubt in users' minds as to what they can do. The time they
save by
>knowing what to do on a page is probably much bigger than the time they
lose by
>having the few words in the hypertext anchors be a few milliseconds slower to
>read."
>[http://www.useit.com/alertbox/991114.html]

In this vein, one of my greatest pet peeves is the use of the same standard
blue text in other parts of the text without changing the default color of the
links.

Blue blue everywhere, but find which one to click...

Margaret

Margaret Dikel, MSLIS
11218 Ashley Dr.                The Riley Guide
Rockville, MD  20852         www.rileyguide.com
301-984-4229                    www.dbm.com/jobguide
301-984-6390 FAX           mfriley at erols.com