Frames and Search Engines

Spencer Gasson spenceruk at freeuk.com
Sat Feb 12 07:11:20 EST 2000

Currently working on a site redesign, hence working from home
on a weekend :(

The site has grown to such an extent that a decision has been
made to introduce frames to aid user navigation (we are also
having a non-frames version in order to maintain access).

The question I have is what is the best way of preventing search
engines from indexing every page on the frames version?

I have tried searching the Web for an answer to my question but
would also like to hear any experiences from list members who
have been through a similiar situation.

Many Thanks,

Spencer