HTML editor for large files?

Stacy Pober spober at manhattan.edu
Fri Feb 11 19:47:20 EST 2000

I have been pretty satisfied with Dreamweaver overall, but have two
quibbles.  One is that it gets very slow when I try to edit really big
files.  I don't think it's just a system resource problem - I'm working
on a pretty fast Pentium II with 64MB RAM - which should be adequate, I
would think.  The other is that, as far as I can tell, there's no way to
have it set to ask me to approve of HTML code changes it makes.

Does anyone know of an editor or page creator that doesn't fool too much
with your existing HTML and handles large files well?

I do know that really big files are a pain to download on the web, but
sometimes I like to start with the large file and chop it up into
smaller ones in the HTML editor if I can.

--
Stacy Pober, Information Alchemist
Manhattan College Libraries
spober at manhattan.edu