Netscape problem

Cathy Edstrom cedstrom at nodc.noaa.gov
Fri Feb 11 12:21:27 EST 2000

We don't have IE here so I don't know if this is a Netscape problem or some
other problem but some of the PCs in our library are not able to access the
following url: http://meridian.ngdc.noaa.gov/ngdc.html without getting the
following error:

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /ngdc.html on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Other PCs can access this url just fine. Also, these same PCs that are
experiencing the above error can't see to get to http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/
but again the other PCs can get to it with no problem.

Has anyone on the list seen this before?

Cathy Edstrom
NOAA Central Library
1315 East-West Highway
SSMC3, Suite 2000