Plugins

Robert Sullivan SCP_SULLI at sals.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:34:38 EST 2000

>     We are setting up a bunch of new public workstations (Win 95) and are
>     creating a list of Plug-ins that we will use.  Are there any latest
>     and greatest that you all would suggest we use?

Someone should put together a Web page listing the latest versions of them.  I
just downloaded a bunch yesterday for some new machines.

First, I download the latest version of Internet Explorer 5.01 and whatever
plugins MS offers on its site.  I think that included Shockwave and Windows
Media Player as of yesterday.

Then I went to Apple for QuickTime 4.1, Adobe for Acrobat 4.05 (which is
slightly larger than the 4.05 I downloaded a couple of months ago), Real.com
for RealPlayer 7 Basic and Ipix for their Ipix viewer (360-degree photos).
That last one is just to impress the occasional audience.

Most of these can be downloaded once and copied to any PC where you need to
install them.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has found some others useful in public
access situations.

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org