[WEB4LIB] reading Chinese PDF files

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Tue Dec 12 14:15:40 EST 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Song Yu wrote:

It appears that the page you cited specifies a particular (Chinese) font,
which you don't have (nor do I). According to Acrobat Reader's help system,
you can either a) find and install that font, or b) contact the document's
author and suggest that they embed the font in the document (when they create
the PDF file).

It is also possible that somewhere else on that site is information
on font requirements.

Acrobat Reader will tell you what fonts are in the document, and whether
Reader is substituting another font, but I don't find anything that lets you
control that process.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com