[WEB4LIB] Blocking Comet Cursor

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Dec 11 12:00:30 EST 2000

If you have already looked at this help sheet, I made a small but important error that will affect your ability to block Comet Cursor.  In the step where you went into the IE security settings to check the setting for "Download signed ActiveX controls", I said to set that setting to "Prompt".  That is incorrect.  The instructions should
have said that the setting should be set to "Disable".

I have updated the instructions to reflect that change.  Once set to disable, Comet Cursor is completely blocked from installing on the machine.  Thanks to Charles Gambrell for pointing that out to me!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI