[WEB4LIB] Setting Fonts in Netscape

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Dec 5 13:05:18 EST 2000

Lynne,

The proper way to do this is with cascading stylesheets [CSS].  Going this
route saves you the problem of adding in those FONT tags and even better,
when the boss decides that Verdana or Tahoma is the new "font of the day",
you only have to change one file to change all your pages.  Pretty cool,
right?  Of course, the catch is that:

1)  Netscape 4.x doesn't always handle CSS properly.

2)  Older browsers don't support CSS well, if at all.

But, it's really time for web page designers to move onward and upward
[myself included].

If the boss says otherwise, tell them that "Thomas Downling says...."

Andrew Mutch
Lirbrary Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI