[WEB4LIB] Secure directory

Mark Pecaut pecautm at missouri.edu
Tue Dec 5 11:34:27 EST 2000

Always second-guess your IT department.  They are often wrong.

Sounds like a job for .htaccess.  Follow these instructions:
http://depts.washington.edu/catalyst/how-to/htaccess/access.htm

The whole thing could be scripted with cgi scripts (so they could
set the password via the web instead of having to telnet in).

-Mark