closed stacks requests

Audrey Kelly AKelly at lva.lib.va.us
Fri Dec 1 16:40:34 EST 2000

Apologies for cross posting -

I'd like to hear from / talk with folks who use their integrated library
system to request items from their closed stacks collections.  We are trying
to understand the various ways different ILS's handle closed stacks item
requests.

Questions we have -

Does the patron have to have a library card - and enter their library card
number to request an item?

Is the item then attached to the library card number? What happens if they
don't come to pick up the item?

Is there a different request procedure for patrons who are inside the
library versus patrons who are outside the library and using the web to get
to your catalog?

Any information or comments on pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Audrey

~~~
Audrey M. Kelly, Technology Consultant